Carlson & Stewart Refrigeration Inc. an established and constantly growing midwestern company is looking to hire a Pipe Fitter/Welder. This position offers highly competitive hourly pay, full benefits, paid travel, paid hotels and meals! This person will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Advancement opportunities are available. Travel is required.
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits and year-round work
- Weekly pay
- Hourly rate based on experience
- Travel schedule as necessary that typically has you home every weekend for 3 days. (Fri-Mon)
- Position the weld set up, fit the pipping and perform welds independently.
- Complete open root welding (no insert)
- Weld 50 diameter inches
- Assist the jobsite team in the following areas as well: insulation, electrical, and painting
- Perform load rigging, torch cutting, and leveling with use of measurement tools
- Operate grinder and wire wheel
- Other duties as needed on the job sites
- Ability to pass a 6G within 180 days
- Minimum of 2 years’ industrial pipe welding experience is preferred
- Minimal travel required based on Customer Site Locations (Leave the local shop Monday Morning and return to shop Thursday evening)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, able to operate industrial lifts.
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone if needed up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 50+lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop bend, kneel and squat, work at heights and climb ladders throughout the day for extended periods of time.
- Requires working inside and outdoors in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- Preferably have experience with either high pressure pipe, steam line or gas line, or process pipe welding.
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, criminal background screening, and driving record check.
- Health Insurance - Company pays 100% of monthly premiums for employees.