We are hiring a Pricing Manager, who will serve as the bid trade expert for Schwan’s Food Service and will assist with the development and execution of bid trade plans for our K-12 Schools customers. You will be responsible for collaborating with K-12 and internal leadership teams to develop effective strategies, trade goals, segments and customer plans while ensuring strategic alignment with the go-to-market strategy. Furthermore you will be responsible for translating these goals and strategies into specific pricing approaches that will ensure their achievement of the annual volume and profit plan.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of our biggest sales channel for Schwan’s Food Service. The K-12 schools channel is seeing double digit growth, and you will be a part of this fast paced team to continue to drive that growth
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established, growing food company. For the right candidate, thisrole can be a starting point on the path to finance, procurement, or other business areas
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Manages and leads life-cycle of the production of high quality competitive bids and proposals from receipt to corporate qualification to submission.
- Develops the annual trade marketing review and bid plan for K-12 customers and works closely with Channel Marketing, Customer Sales Planning, Finance & Sales to provide input into the 3 year and annual planning process.
- Serves as an integral member of the overall K- 12 Channel Leadership team. Implements a collaborative & aligned approach to planning for key bids.
- Makes recommendations based on collecting & analyzing competitive pricing data, consumer response, cost of goods and other relevant market information.
- Collaborates with cross functional departments (Global Supply Chain, Cost Accounting, Financial Analysts) to evaluate all financial factors that impact processes and incorporate tools to pro-actively maintain goals pertaining to price.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings with Global Supply Chain to share suggested bid strategy, potential risk to volume and gain organizational alignment on suggested bid strategy.
- Leverages bid award data to identify, analyze and communicate competitive pricing trends to anticipate and manage requests that affect profitability of division.
- Continuously reviews and pro-actively identifies areas of opportunity for profit and/or margin enhancement in current pricing situations and work with necessary management to implement changes.
- Properly communicates execution and maintenance of bid pricing decisions.
- Tracks performance on an ongoing basis to ensure that volume goals are achieved within trade spending parameters.
- Monitors variances to policy and seek corrective action when necessary.
- Incorporates review of problems/opportunity markets with focus on development of action plan to address as integral part of the planning process.
- Actively engages in channel S&OP meetings providing insights into bid wins/losses for purposes or properly forecasting production needs.
Years of Related Experience: 8+ years related experience in Food Service, Trade or Finance
- Strong analytical background with working knowledge on how to develop & execute effective bid strategies within the K-12 channel
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent business acumen and a passion to innovate
- Intermediate PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate- advanced skills with financial software and applications with the ability to query tables and prepare robust financial analyses
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and company products
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.