We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our Legal Services team in Marshall, MN. Under direct or general supervision this position is responsible for handling auto, product liability claims alleged against the company by investigating, verifying and adjusting claims asserted against Schwan's by third-parties.
What will you get from Us:
- Opportunity to develop action plans for auto, product liability & freight claims.
- Ability to learn and develop experience within legal support
- Understanding of appropriate corporate and departmental policy
- Verifies procedures to makes judgments regarding liability risk.
- Investigates and gathers facts regarding claims involving auto, product liability and freight product overages, shortages or damaged claims.
- Verifies auto and product liability damages allegedly suffered by third-parties through proper investigation
- Develops action plans and dates for completion of action items for the auto and product liability claims to assist with timely and cost-effective resolution
- Aggressively pursues recovery from liable third-parties
- Uses required working knowledge of jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with the facts and circumstances pertinent to the claim to implement effective strategies for early and cost effective resolution
- Coordinates and mediates actions amongst Quality Assurance (QA), Inventory Control, Carriers, dock personnel and internal/external customer service groups to resolve issues.
- Effectively negotiates resolution of auto, product liability and freight claims.
- Responsible for billing freight claims and warehouse invoice monthly.
- Prepares correspondence and settlement agreements where appropriate related to the handling of the auto and product liability claims and/or resolution thereof
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Years of Related Experience
- Competent computer and typing skills in using Microsoft Office products including Access Word Excel PowerPoint
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop Presentations
- Ability to Negotiate terms and contracts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to embrace a dynamic environment
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.