IT Support Technician
United Community Action Partnership is a non-profit organization that serves the people of our community. We have over 250 employees that serve more than 22,000 people per year in our service area. UCAP employees work together to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve and we want to positively impact our communities. As a part of the UCAP team, you will help improve lives every day. UCAP’s mission is “Eliminating poverty by empowering individuals and strengthening communities,” and we recognize the talents each of our employees bring to our mission.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Support Technician is responsible for various technology and information system duties including maintaining hardware, software and peripheral devices. Responsible for providing individual technical assistance and training in all areas of technology including hardware, software and peripherals. Assists with agency wide technology projects and network.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Operate the help desk to support staff and work to resolve client issues covering all electronic devices.
- Setup computer work stations and purchase computer equipment, software and supplies and ensure user training when requested.
- Act as Backup Security Administrator.
- Provide backup to the system hardware maintenance for the server, firewalls, switches, SPAM filtering, building/door security system, telephone & voice mail technical support.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) year degree in computer technology and three (3) years related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Windows Server, VMWare, Active Directory, networking, Windows 10 and remote connectivity.
- VoIP, SQL knowledge is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to apply hardware, software, and networking principles and techniques in problem solving computer related issues.
- Ability to work with TCP/IP, Ethernet, and WIFI networking.
- Familiarity with smartphone and tablet devices.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience or willingness to work in a team setting.
- Reasoning skills and the ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and duties.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe experience is a plus.
- Reliable mode of transportation and ability to travel between work sites.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Completion of a satisfactory Background Study.
United Community Action Partnership is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer.