- The Nationally Registered EMT-Registered Nurse will operate within their license from the state of Minnesota as well meet the educational requirements of the National Registry of EMT’s and Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- The RN/EMT will demonstrate the ability to utilize effective communication with patients, customers, and members of the health care team.
- Perform duties and functions assigned by the ambulance director. Included in these duties the RN/EMT will work in the hospital assisting nursing staff while on duty if requested.
- All ambulance personnel will sign up for one weekend each month and one weekday, evening or day, shift every week according to the Granite Falls ALS Ambulance SOP.
- Ultimate responsibility for care of patients is the RN/EMT’s responsibility. Delegation of patient care will be at the RN/EMT’s discretion but continued responsibility.
- RN/EMT will strive to provide the highest quality of care possible for every patient. This will be accomplished through personal and team efforts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Minnesota Board of Nursing- Registered Nurse
- CCRN within one year of hire.
- Initial National Registry EMT-B Certification.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP and CALS certification within one year of hire, and kept current thereafter.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintain a current motor vehicle operator’s license.