- The EMT-P (Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic) will operate within their certification and/or license from the state of Minnesota and the National Registry of EMT's.
- The EMT-P will also follow standing orders and standard operating procedures established by the medical director(s).
- Routines of the ambulance department are established by the ambulance director. These will also be followed by each member of the ambulance squad. These routines are spelled out in the standing orders and the SOP's.
- EMT-P's are employees of the Granite Falls Municipal Hospital and Manor and are expected to follow all hospital policies.
- The EMT-P will strive to provide the highest quality of care possible for every patient. This will be accomplished through personal and team efforts.
- Training, education and quality assurance are the responsibilities of both the department and the EMT-P as an individual.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Initial National Registry EMT Paramedic Certification, current Minnesota State Certification as an EMT Paramedic.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP and CALS certification within one year of hire, and kept current thereafter.
- Demonstrated planning and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Self-direction and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills as an EMT-P as observed by the ambulance director and/or medical director(s).
- Leadership and quality decision making abilities are essential needs of every paramedic.
We also have a casual/as needed position open!