North Memorial Health Paramedic
Provides advanced life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility. In addition, the paramedic assists with other services and events as directed by North Memorial Ambulance Service.
• Provides compassionate, advanced life support care to customers of all ages at the scene and in the ambulance.
• Coordinates customer care with partner and other responders providing care.
• Inspires compassionate care by treating our customers, families, staff and others with courtesy, kindness and respect.
• Communicates customer outcomes verbally with accurate, concise radio reports to the accepting hospital and to hospital staff accepting customer.
• Completes accurate written customer care record that is legible at completion of customer transport and enters customer care record into electronic record system.
• Performs operational duties to ensure worthiness and cleanliness of ambulance and equipment.
• Operates ambulance in a safe manner, obeys traffic laws and North Memorial Ambulance policy pertaining to safe driving and utilizes optimal safety precautions in all other aspects of this position.
• Takes an active role in professional development.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Successfully completed paramedic training program from an accredited institution required.
• Associate of Science degree preferred.
• Previous ambulance experience preferred.
• Previous advanced life support experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
• Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
• Minnesota or Wisconsin Paramedic Certification (ACLS and BLS certification is incorporated into the Paramedic certification)
• Valid State Class D driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record
• PALS Certification