Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join the Avera Laboratory, one of the top labs in the nation!
- This position is eligible for Avera’s Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from Avera will help pay down your principal balance faster.
- Gain valuable experience with multiple areas of expertise: Phlebotomy, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry, and Serology
- Do you like working with people? The position has direct patient contact in the hospital and clinic with adults, pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Compensation: Immediately Avera starts you with great wages, excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, and generous retirement.
- Job Satisfaction: Positively impact patients you serve each day.
Education and/or Experience
- Responsible for expeditious and accurate performance of routine clinical laboratory tests and basic clinical laboratory functions.
Certification, Licensure, Registration
- Associate's degree in MLT or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required.
- Certification as Medical Laboratory Technician from the ASCP or AMT required within 12 months of hire.
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- Varied Shifts, 72 hours every 2 weeks:
- Every third weekend
- Every third holiday
- No call time