Emergency Medical Technician- EMT
Provides basic life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility for additional care. In addition the EMT assists the paramedic in providing advanced level care within their scope of practice and training as directed by their Paramedic or RN Partner.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Successfully completed an EMT training program from an accredited institution required
- Must successfully complete IV and medication variance training through North Memorial Ambulance
- Previous ambulance experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
- Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
- Minnesota EMT Certification (BLS certification is incorporated into the EMT certification)
- Valid Class D Driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record