Activity Coordinator/Social Service Designee
Join our outstanding team as an Activity Coordinator/Social Services Designee at Avera Tyler Sunrise Manor!
- Number 1 in the Nation: Avera Ranked First in the Nation for Long Term Care Resident Experience! (click to read the article!)
- Make a Positive Impact: Use your creativity to engage residents and improve their quality of life.
- Career Growth: Great opportunity to obtain health care experience for those looking to further their education in a healthcare related field.
- Great Hours: No weekends or holidays; Some non-traditional business hours to facilitate potential after-hour admissions.
- Serves as department manager and is a member of multidisciplinary care team
- Plans, coordinates, and implements an ongoing program of meaningful, therapeutic activities
- Completes activity assessment for each resident to determine his/her activity needs and interests, and develops a corresponding activity plan.
- Coordinate and provide Social Services to meet the needs of the residents
- Assist with collaboration of information with families and assist residents with completion of required paperwork and documents
- High school diploma or GED
- Requires 2-4 year degree/certification in a health care related field.
- The activities program must be directed by a qualified professional who is a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is licensed and registered in Minnesota.
- Activity Director Certification required