Engineering Change Coordinator
We are looking for an Engineering Change Coordinator as part of our Research & Specification management team for Schwan’s Shared Services in Marshall, MN. This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of engineering change documentation, product life-cycle management (PLM) and aiding in bill of material, routing and scrap auditing.
- Understanding of what it takes to get a product on the shelves.
- Opportunity to understand the integration of products and operator data in the system.
- Cross functional interactions with departments and plants.
- Understanding of all aspects of what goes into product changes.
- Responsible for creating and assigning change numbers to appropriate specifications based on the Engineering Change Number (ECN) request form ensuring all change information is accurate and complete prior to routing for approval and that the specification and the production system match prior to the change effective date.
- Responsible for routing the specification in a timely manner and ensure final approval is complete.
- Creates and make changes to Bill of Materials and Routings in SAP and ties them to SAP PLM.
- Maintains tracking records for all new products and changes made to products for manufacturing at the plant.
- Conducts weekly conference calls regarding new project/change tracking needs and communicates to the plant personnel the status of the projects and their timing.
- Maintains MRP and the bill of materials while utilizing resources such as scheduling, inventory, costing and continuous improvement tools.
- Work closely with plant Manufacturing Manager and plant Cost Accountant to get MRP scrap rates updated on a regular basis
- Responsible for Inventory Changeover Management including discontinuation, reformulations and changeovers in materials for soft or hard cutovers working with plant Buyers, the Product Developer and the Business Unit Marketing teams to ensure a smooth cutover on material usage and control.
- Ensures the planned transition is clear & precise between all participants & meets with our intended customer requirements/deliverables.
- Monitors inventory levels of discontinued materials to ensure limited excess/risk of incremental material write-offs.
- Inactivates the BOMS, flags materials for deletion and communicates this to the Material Master.
- Required to maintain a very high level of confidentiality and ensure effective communication between all departments on all projects.
- Performs all duties in compliance with State Federal and company regulations policies and procedures
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
Education: High School degree required; Bachelor's preferred
Years of Related Experience: 0-3 years of related experience.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong personal computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and SAP.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong attention to detail organizational skills and self-motivation to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Willing to work in both office and production environment.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good communication skills in dealing with all levels of management.
- Comply with all general safety policies and procedures including using all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)