Customer Service Associate
This Customer Service Associate role is responsible for providing superior order management results for both internal and external customers for our Food Service Division located in Marshall, MN. The primary responsibilities include working with external customers and/or buyers to process and manage orders and to ensure timely and complete shipment. This job will troubleshoot and solve issues related to orders and deliveries work with customers and field personnel to ensure quality service and also work towards improvement of the flow of product to our customers.
- Manages customer sales orders to ensure timely accurate and complete shipments and accurate billing. This includes closely monitoring and correcting all order edits and incomplete orders. .
- Manages all customer shipments with plants distribution centers and transportation. Effectively communicates issues to appropriate supply chain personnel.
- Analyzes inventory reports against customer demand to determine if customer shipments will be complete. Implements the best course of action to ensure customer satisfaction. Communicates any shortages and next availability to customers and sales in a proactive manner.
- Consults with internal departments: IT Supply Chain and Sales to effectively resolve customer issues and to ensure that customer shipments are processed in a cost effective manner.
- Advises management of any ongoing inventory and/or delivery problems. Submits options to resolve current problems and eliminate future occurrences; and implements process improvement actions that enhance service and reduce costs.
- Sets up transportation arrangements on shipments as required. Consults with internal departments to determine cost effective shipment methods while meeting customer needs.
- Monitors and reports on customer service scorecards and metrics. Identifies opportunities to improve service levels to external customers.
- Assists Customer Financial team member in identifying logistics discrepancies to limit the number of customer deductions. Works with customers and field sales to minimize future errors. May assist with the processing of certain deductions.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for process and system improvements to decrease overall costs increase department productivity and improve customer service.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- General business knowledge required. Knowledge of Consumer Packaged Goods and Supply Chain preferred
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel Word Outlook); knowledge of SAP is beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building teamwork conflict resolution and customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; experienced judgment and decision making ability; detail oriented; results oriented; and solid organizational skills.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.