Location: Marshall, MN
Salary: Pay will depend upon skill, Qualifications and Experience
Job Type: Full Time – Travel will be required
Position Available: Construction Estimator
Reports To: CFO & Project Managers
Job Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm on a normal scheduled week. Schedule will vary when travel is required.
Purpose: Our Company is currently looking for an Estimator in the Construction field. The ideal candidate will have experience in this field, will be required to travel in order to be able to Estimate cost of future and current projects accurately. Candidate must be able to understand Construction Management and must be able to complete Estimates, perform take offs and create / propose accurate cost estimates upon starting. The qualifying candidate will be reporting directly to the CFO and Project Managers.
Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will entitle the following but are not limited to this. Your responsibilities and worked hours will depend on the current company workload and priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Calculate accurate labor, equipment, and material costs for projects
- Review drawings and specifications to determine quantities and calculate pricing
- Coordinate subcontractor bids, including preparing bid invitations, reviewing incoming bids for scope and pricing
- Scheduling site visits with subcontractors to review all scope of projects. Acquiring the best pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicate with low bidder for final overview and assure completeness of bid.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with subcontractors and suppliers, researching new subcontractors and suppliers to bel able to maintain a good list of preferred subcontractors and suppliers. To potentially present to future clients.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as necessary
- Prepare project documents, like material release schedules, client information, project schedules, and other documentation to assure a steady stream of information to the project managers.
- Prepare accurate and timely proposals
- Passion for Commercial Construction
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret plans and specifications relative to the scope of work and schedule specified for each project.
- Significant math skills
- Estimating project experience (required)
- Able to perform and guide material take offs and estimates
- Must be able to meet bid deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, google sheets and all Microsoft programs
- Ability to communicate professionally
- A degree and or / Certification in Estimating, Construction Management and or / Architecture preferred.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented, and highly organized is a must
- Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time. While finishing each task timely and effectively.
- Great customer services skills, job does require speaking and keeping up with vendors
- Must be able to work independently while being effective and timely
- Must show Determination to have tasks completed by deadlines
Interested parties may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org