Commercial Journeymen Refrigeration Technician
Carlson & Stewart Refrigeration, Inc. is a design-build refrigeration contractor specializing in Commercial and Industrial refrigeration systems for customers in the upper Midwest with offices in Marshall, MN, Sauk Rapids, MN and Sioux Falls, SD. We also provide our clients with 24/7 service along with preventative maintenance options to maximize the useful life of their refrigeration systems.
We are looking to add to our already successful team by hiring qualified, dedicated, passionate, mechanically inclined new teammates who share our drive and vision by living our core values of Safety First, Quality People, Quality Product and Ethical behavior.
The Journeyman must be a self-motivated individual with a valid driver’s license and enough experience to work alone, and be available to help lead a less experienced Technician. Ability to also serve as crew leader on small install projects, requiring some paperwork and providing input to customers, as well as our estimators, coordinators, and managers.
About the Position
- Full time position with company benefits.
- Weekly pay.
- Starting hourly rate based on experience.
Duties/Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Install and repair commercial refrigeration equipment ranging from small self-contained display units to large rack systems in grocery stores and HVAC systems in c-stores to large chillers in hospital environments.
- Use diagnostic equipment to identify and address system problems: compressor analyzer, digital multimeter, manometer, refrigerant gauges, etc...
- Navigate through control systems, from single unit style through full EMS remote login systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge on how to cut and fit copper pipping for refrigerant line sets and to pressure test and leak check systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems by following wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Troubleshoot refrigeration systems and their components.
- Ability to use mobile device to maintain records of repair, hours worked, and diagnostic information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local laws and requirements for refrigerant handling.
- Required travel for some jobs (per diem plus hotel paid when travel required)
- Participate in our On-Call rotation.
- Ability to use EMS software to log in remotely to customers’ control systems, navigate our mobile dispatching software, read and reply to emails, modify spreadsheets, and be able to search online for resources.
- Maintain a professional appearance when working at customer locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; community college or trade school preferred.
- Four years of experience in the refrigeration field or six years combined experience through related fields. (HVAC, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING)
- Must possess required EPA certificate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability for prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds at a time.
- Ability to operate a variety of tools, machinery and equipment.
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Life insurance available
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available