Commercial Apprentice Refrigeration Technician
Carlson & Stewart Refrigeration, Inc. is a design-build refrigeration contractor specializing in Commercial and Industrial refrigeration systems for customers in the upper Midwest with offices in Marshall, MN, Sauk Rapids, MN and Sioux Falls, SD. We also provide our clients with 24/7 service along with preventative maintenance options to maximize the useful life of their refrigeration systems.
We are looking to add to our already successful team by hiring qualified, dedicated, passionate, mechanically inclined new teammates who share our drive and vision by living our core values of Safety First, Quality People, Quality Product and Ethical behavior.
The Apprentice will assist in installation of new equipment, the servicing of existing equipment and generally help as they learn the industry and trade. This is an entry level position targeted towards mechanically inclined individuals who like to work with their hands and enjoy a sense of accomplishment, while working towards becoming a Journeyman Technician.
About the position:
- Full time position with company benefits.
- Weekly pay.
- $18 to $22 starting hourly rate based on experience.
Duties/Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist in the installation and repair of commercial refrigeration equipment and HVAC systems.
- Brazing both similar and dissimilar metals
- Pressure testing lines
- Insulating lines
- Leak checking lines, cases, and coils
- Assisting in the troubleshooting of systems
- Gathering parts for projects
- Organize and clean jobsites, vehicles, and the shop area as needed
- Desire to learn and grow as a technician
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Identify and use hand tools.
- Communicate professionally with clients and teammates
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel for work, including overnight requirements at times
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; community college or trade school coursework preferred not required.
- No experience is necessary. We are willing to train mechanically inclined individuals who are hardworking, dependable, ambitious
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability for prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds at a time.
- Ability to operate a variety of tools, machinery and equipment.
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Life insurance available
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available