RESPONSIBILITIES: The Youth Development Coordinator contributes to the development of program goals and the development of work plans to meet those goals and supports the UCAP Community and Family Services Department.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Program Participation: One to One Mentoring - Youth and Volunteer Mentors
- Lead and provide programming for several girls’ leadership groups in Lyon and Lincoln Counties
- Complete and maintain accurate records.
- Plan and provide group activities for youth.
- Coordinate fundraising activities and support community donations.
- Fundraise and establish and maintain effective referral network and community linkage
- Attend conferences, training, and meetings as needed or requested
- Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of a two-year degree and/or one to three years combined education and experience in human service related field.
- Experience in working with youth, recruiting and coordinating volunteers, and fundraising preferred.
Please refer to Job #0921L when applying.
United Community Action Partnership, Inc. is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Knowledge about community resources available to families and youth & ability to network those resources to fulfill the needs of the program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to speak in front of a group.
- Ability to develop and implement program goals and policies with Youth Development Team.
- Ability to coordinate special projects.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs, etc.
- Means of transportation to travel as required by the position between two counties. Including travel to out of area office locations as needed.
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule in order to respond to program and participant needs.
- Ability to monitor safety of youth in small & large groups at program-sponsored events and actively participate in children’s activities.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.