Cygnus Home Service (Schwan’s Home Delivery) is looking for a Corporate Controller in Marshall, MN. Reports to the CFO in Bloomington, MN. The Corporate Controller is responsible for managing financial accounting, tax and treasury-related activities of the Company.
- Manage a department of approximately 15 associates.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Design, implement and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit by the Company’s independent public accounting firm.
- Monitor GAAP developments and lead the adoption of new accounting and disclosure rules.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Vendor Payables function.
- Act as liaison to the IT department for NetSuite maintenance and change management
- Manage an outsourced tax department that prepares the US consolidated federal and state tax returns, facilitates tax audits and executes tax planning.
- Lead the treasury function responsible for banking relationship management, corporate liquidity, investments and credit facility compliance.
- Coach and develop team to maximize performance and ensure job satisfaction, retention and future advancement. Evaluate and recommend appropriate organizational structure to support changing business needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred, CPA REQUIRED
Years of experience: Minimum 10 years of corporate finance experience, preferably in distribution environment; Minimum 5 years of leadership experience; Minimum 2 years of public accounting experience
- Ability to analyze financial statements and numerical reports
- Proven leadership and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of integrity
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong executive presence
- Ability to prioritize in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Assertiveness and a strong initiative to drive change
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to develop and mentor a team
- Past experience with NetSuite financials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.