Prairie Pride Cooperatives
CooperativesAutomotiveConvenience StoresGas & Propane Companies Carwash
Lyon County Co-operative Oil Company was formed in 1924 under the name of Marshall Co-operative Oil Company. The director’s names at this time were G.A. Smith, President; L.A. Wewetzer, Pete Rock, C. Hiusenfeldt, Charles Cravens, Secretary and manager from 1924 to 1943; J.M. Schrader, and August Durenberger, Vice-President. The name change from Marshall Co-operative Oil Company to Lyon County Co-operative Oil Company was in 1926. This name change was to include the surrounding communities in Lyon County. As of June 1st, 2000 we are now doing business as PRAIRIE PRIDE. The long term managers were George Abrahamsen from 1948 to 1975, Willard Engel from 1975 to 1997. Our current manager today is Emmett Thomsen. Your current Board of Directors today include; Al Steffes, President; James, Larson, Vice-President; Roger Verly, Secretary/Treasure; Don DeLanghe, David Clarke, Randy Dombek, Steve Vandendriessche.
Today we proudly serve Marshall, Ivanhoe, Tracy and Slayton areas with Refined Fuels, Bulk Lubricants, and Propane. We strive to bring our clients quality products along with exceptional service at competitive prices. We have two convenience stores in Marshall, one convenience in Slayton. We have Automotive Service and repair centers in Marshall, Slayton, and Ivanhoe. U-Haul rentals are available at our Marshall Tires Plus Location, and Slayton Convenience store location. And Parts City parts store in our Ivanhoe Location. Location headquarters is Located at our Marshall Prairie Pride/Tires Plus building.