Director of Inventory & Fulfillment Planning
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain Planning, the Director of Inventory & Fulfillment Planning will lead a team in managing inventory to fulfill service objectives in multiple locations. This position ensures that all products sold are properly deployed from the source of production to the point of customer sale at over 400 locations across the US to meet service and financial objectives. Ability to identify cause for errors and inconsistencies and to develop sustainable solutions is critical in delivering an effective and efficient inventory management and fulfillment process. The Director will drive the use of reporting and data analysis to improve processes and compliance of systems, inventory and fulfillment management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day operations of inventory & fulfillment planning and is responsible for leading this complex activity between multiple cross- functional groups of Demand Planning, Transportation & Warehousing, Customer Service, FSQ, and Supply Planning.
- Effectively directs a team of Inventory & Fulfillment Planners to achieve key metrics. Ensures inventory levels are optimized in support of the customer service policy and attainment of the business / financial goals and oversees the inventory position in all Depots, DC’s and 3PL’s.
- Manages processes and practices in line with overall company objectives ensuring these practices are applied consistently between members of the planning team and cross-functional partners. Is accountable for key performance indicators including, but not limited to, fill rate, inventory target adherence, and logistics.
- Manages and monitors min/max inventory levels throughout the distribution network through weekly analysis & reporting. Will increase / decrease as necessary to support forecasts, service and financial objectives.
- Oversees analysis of forecasting performance at the Depot, DC’s and 3PL’s locations and engages the Demand Planning teams in efforts to improve forecast accuracies in support of achieving service and inventory objectives.
- Ensures the effective use of advanced information technology including system design, development and adherence to supply chain business processes ensuring effective integration with business unit supply chain partners, data integrity, reliable results, and competent usage by team.
- Develops predictive models that can be repeated and automated to allow business to proactively respond to expected and future business conditions while driving the Inventory & Fulfillment planning group to automate, document and continuously improve the recurring workload.
- Contributes in developing and implementing centralized reporting systems that provide key information for inventory and fulfillment metrics / KPIs via interactive supply chain dashboards, data visualization and advanced analytics.
Education: BA/BS in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or similar areas.
Years of Related Experience: 10 – 15 years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple areas of the supply chain, logistics management, inventory planning, operations, distribution, transportation and procurement.
- Advanced mathematical skills with strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, JDA, BOBJ, Webi, etc.).
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with the ability to lead and do data analysis to resolve complex problems.
- Superior attention to detail and a high need for accuracy.
- Superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time and maintain expected performance levels.