Associate Systems Engineer
We are hiring an Associate Systems Engineer at our headquarters in Marshall, MN. The Associate Systems Engineer, with support from the Manager and Senior Engineers, is responsible for assisting with Windows servers and systems. This engineer is a part of our IT Infrastructure team, and assists in the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to Windows servers.
We are looking for someone who has experience with the following types of technology, or is eager to learn! PowerShell scripting, Basic knowledge on dependencies with Active Directory and SQL, Biztalk, MSMQ, COM+, Web Servers (i.e.IIS), monitoring software (i.e. Control Up, NetIQ)
Overall responsibilities include:
- Help locate necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop
- Participate in providing a stable performance environment
- Aid in locating the necessary tools and processes to identify and resolve problems and prevent them from occurring
- Resolve assigned problems with assistance, and is responsible for participating in 24 Hour on call support rotation
- Participate in various projects intended to continually improve and upgrade the infrastructure
- Utilize previously developed procedures for Infrastructure Technologies administration
- Actively participate in Lean and Continuous Improvement events and complete tasks in implementation plan to achieve business process improvements
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Services (CIS) or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
Years of Related Experience: 0-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of server based Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL
- Data backup/restore techniques
- Network (IP based) communications infrastructure and server- level troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to build your technical skills in a great team environment!
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.