Surgical Technician - As needed
Summary: Surgical technicians are part of an operating room team that also includes surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The day-to-day surgical tech job description includes duties such as:
- Setting up the operating room prior to surgery
- Stocking surgical supplies
- Sterilizing instruments, gowns, surfaces and other supplies
- Checking surgical machines and equipment
- Preparing patients for surgery
- Transporting patients to and from surgery
- Passing instruments to surgeons during surgery
- Monitoring patients' vital signs
- Minor medical procedures
- Cross trained in SPD
- 8 hour shifts
- No weekends!
- No Holidays!
- No call time!
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program or equivalent combination of education & work experience.
CERTIFICATION and LICENSES:
- Current Surgical Technologist cert. from an accredited institution or must obtain within 6 months of hire
- CPR Cert. required.
- Certified in SPD within 12 months of hire