Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join the Avera Laboratory, one of the top labs in the nation!
- Compensation: Immediately Avera starts you with great wages, excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, and generous retirement.
- Job Satisfaction: Positively impact patients you serve each day.
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests, procedures and related duties.
- Utilizes scientific principles as well as technical, procedural, and problem-solving aptitudes for day-to-day laboratory technical operations, quality control, quality assurance, procedure/instrument maintenance and corrective action, test result correlation, and clinical laboratory related continuing education.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science and completion of NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientist program; or a Bachelors degree in a related science and one to two years of experience/training acceptable to the ASCP or AMT for the Medical Laboratory Scientist required.
Certification, Licensure, Registration
- Certification as Medical Laboratory Scientist from the ASCP, AMT, or equivalent required within 12 months of hire.
- Day/Evening/Night Shift, 72 hours every 2 weeks:
- Every fourth weekend nights
- Holiday rotation: 2 a year
- No call time
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.