LPN or MA - Avera Tyler Clinic - As Needed!
- Responsible for providing care to patients and families.
- Communicates with physicians as well as other healthcare team members to provide excellent patient care.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition &reactions to drugs &treatments to provider. Dispense medications as directed.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications &treatments in accordance with standards of care.
- Coordinates the patient care activities for the clinic.
- Prepares the equipment and assists provider during procedures, treatments, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information including obtaining the health history, taking vitals and conducting patient evaluations.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Conducts clinical interviews with patients to assess a variety of patient needs to include, but not limited to the following information:
- Chart visits at end of day and/or all necessary information and drugs prescribed
- Obtain weight and height
- take medical history information
- take blood pressure (temperature when necessary)
- prepare patients for exam, having them in proper dress
- administer certain tests and treatments
- assist doctor as directed
- Graduate of an accredited professional LPN program or Certified Medical Assistant program.
- Prior nursing experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Current Minnesota LPN license or Medical Assistant certified required upon hire.
- Must have a National Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or National Registration as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or National Certification as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Health Career Association.
- Must be CPR certified.