Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join Avera as an Administrative Intern!
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Gain hands-on experience in healthcare working alongside other healthcare professionals who are passionate about creating a positive impact.
- The hospital administrative intern will work under the direction of the Avera Marshall CEO.
- The intern will receive education and experience in healthcare administration.
- The internship will focus on preparation in the healthcare administration field.
Education and/or Experience
- Current student going into their last year of their healthcare administration program OR a current graduate student in a healthcare administration program.
- Internship credit obtained during the internship experience, required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- If selected as an Avera intern, you will work with your school to complete/confirm the following:
- Current immunizations including a 2-step TB test
- Physical exam within the last year
- Current flu shot (if internship occurs between October 1 and March 31)
- COVID Vaccination
- National criminal background check
- MN background study
- HIPPA, infection control and safety training (we will provide if not covered by your program)
- Hours may vary, in general Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; 80 hours every 2 weeks