We are looking for a Auditor to join our Audit Services team in Marshall, MN.The purpose of the Schwan Audit Services department is to provide independent objective assurance and risk specific consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's processes. As the Auditor, you will be responsible under limited supervision for conducting and documenting moderately complex audit projects.
What will you get from Us:
- Opportunity to conduct audit work for operational financial information technology and compliance audits as outlined in the audit program within the planned scope and timeframe.
- Ability to learn the business by Interviewing appropriate management
- Understanding of appropriate corporate and departmental policy
- Review procedure manuals and control systems to makes judgments regarding key internal controls and risk areas.
- Travel 10-20% - Performs off site audits as necessary
A day in the Life:
- Assists with planning audits or reviewing work papers as needed.
- Reports results of testing (written and oral communication) to the Audit Manager and other members of management.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company vision values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Detects areas of operational inefficiencies internal control weaknesses and non-compliance with corporate/departmental policies and procedures and state/federal regulations during the course of the audit Identifies opportunities for process improvements cost-effective control modifications cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Performs analysis related to business processes and financial statements.
- Works with the corporate audit team and business unit management to develop effective action plans to address the issues identified in the audits.
- Completes all reviews in a timely & accurate manner as well as prepares complete organized and well referenced work papers.
- Assists with training new auditors in audit methods documentation & compliance with department policies & procedures
QualificationsEducation: Bachelors degree or equivalent Years of Related Experience: 2-4 years related experience.
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word Excel etc.
- Ability to effectively analyze data formulate recommendations and present findings to multiple audiences.
- Exposure to data extraction software (ACL IDEA Access etc) a plus: Detail oriented and team player.
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles internal control and risk management frameworks. Solid communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and utilize negotiation and indirect influence effectively.
- Ability to perform sound and unbiased analysis and evaluation of the results of assigned audit reviews.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Auditor preferred.
- Must be able to travel as needed.approximately 10-20% travel