Schwan's Company is looking for an Auditor to join our Audit & Risk Assessment team at company headquarters in Marshall, MN or in Bloomington, MN. This is a great entry point into our company, where you will get experience will all facets of the business: operations/manufacturing, distribution, Home Service, Consumer Brands, IT, HR etc. A successful person in this role will have many growth opportunities!
- Conducts audit work for operational, financial, information technology, and compliance audits as outlined in the audit program within the planned scope and time frame.
- Assists with the planning of audits.
- Interviews appropriate management and business leaders, reviews appropriate corporate and departmental policy and procedure manuals, reviews control systems, and makes informed judgments regarding key internal controls and risk areas.
- Performs off site audits as necessary.
- Detects areas of operational inefficiencies, internal control weaknesses, and non-compliance with corporate / departmental policies and procedures and state / federal regulations during the course of the audit.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, cost-effective control modifications, cost savings, and revenue enhancements.
- Performs analysis related to the effectiveness of business processes and the measurement of key financial statement metrics.
- Works with the corporate audit team and business unit management to develop effective action plans to address issues identified in the audits.
- Completes all reviews in a timely, accurate manner, and prepares complete and well annotated work papers with valid references and support.
- Assists with the training of new auditors in audit methods, documentation, and compliance that align with department policies and procedures.
- Provides both written and oral communications of audit results to the Audit Manager, Audit Director, and other members of company management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a major in Accounting or Finance
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 2 – 4 years related experience (will consider entry level)
Knowledge / Skills / Certifications:
- Intermediate PC skills including the Microsoft suite of business programs, BI tools, and data analysis tools. Advanced Excel skills needed.
- Ability to effectively gather and analyze data, formulate supported recommendations, and confidently present findings in a concise manner to multiple audiences.
- Able to take ownership and lead projects from planning through to completion
- Able to operate independently and effectively with minimal guidance and oversight
- Able to challenge assumptions and fully investigate root cause issues
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the internal control and risk management frameworks.
- Solid communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and utilize negotiation and indirect influence effectively.
- Ability to perform sound and unbiased analysis and evaluation of the results of assigned audit reviews.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Auditor preferred or able to become certified shortly after starting
The subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected status.