Accounts Payable Administrator
If you are interested in using your attention to detail to review and audit invoices this Accounts Payable Administrator role in Marshall, MN is the job for you. This is the entry level administrative in the Accounting family at Schwans. Under direct or general supervision this position is responsible for paying and recording moderately complex company expenses.
- Independently keeps records and reports and responds to requests for information based on substantial knowledge of accounting procedures/ coding.
- Implements minor procedural and transactional changes in the fiscal system so data are available for other financial employees to use as needed.
- Reviews and reconciles account discrepancies in a timely basis.
- Prepares and maintains budget inventory procurement personnel and other record systems so data integrity is maintained according to policy and procedure.
- Develops recommends and improves work procedures and forms by applying knowledge of accounting procedures and policies.
- Recommends procedural revisions in response to new systems policies or identified needs to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Schedules and submits check runs daily and/or weekly Performs daily audit of invoices over $25000 before checks are released
- Process ACHs wires and bank drafts as needed
- Record returned checks and work with AP Processor to rectify the problem
- Review checks that are issued incorrectly for wrong vendor amount address duplicate payment etc. and take appropriate adjustments.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Years of Related Experience: Typically 0-3 years related experience
- Basic to intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word Excel etc.
- Intermediate skills in the operation of a 10-key.
- Basic to intermediate ability in the accessing entry of information into and retrieval of data from electronic databases such as SYSM Lawson and SAP.
- The ability to perform math functions such as addition subtraction multiplication and division.
- Intermediate ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Understanding of the General Accepted Accounting Principles.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.