Help us build the DNA of tech.
Scope: Vishay Marshall, Minnesota, is seeking a Process Engineer responsible for supporting product manufacturing including prototype-to-production transition, manufacturing process development, test process development, material and configuration management.
How You'll Help Us Build The DNA of Tech:
- Provide engineering support to products on the production line.
- Provide engineering support for production line manufacturing and test equipment.
- Evaluate customer specifications and convert requirements into internal specifications for design, test, and manufacturing processes.
- Specify and design mechanical assemblies for magnetic components.
- Work with design engineers to optimize processes for manufacturability, cost, and quality. Improve quality and efficiency through process automation where practical.
- Execute process validation activities including but not limited to pFMEA, Control Plan, GRR studies, etc.
- Aid in design, development and support of shop floor automation systems
- Perform product testing, analyze test data, and publish test reports.
- Recommend and oversee outside service providers for fabrication, testing, and other services.
- Participate in project plans and project meetings.
- Interpret failure data and initiate appropriate associated improvement actions.
The Experience You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or similar degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1-3 years of related experience desired.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Experience with Minitab software a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify root cause and determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you'll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer