Fleet Maintenance Advisor
- This is a service oriented position that will be responsible for negotiating and authorizing fleet maintenance and repairs to lower the overall fleet cost while ensuring the fleet is operating according to safety and operational guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for field employees vendors suppliers during the truck repair process to provide technical support write work orders order parts and provide oversight of PO reviews and approvals.
- Oversees the safe operation of all maintenance activities and ensure compliance with all company DOT OSHA and city codes and/or regulations
- Advanced comprehension of medium duty truck technical material and repairs-Ability to use technical knowledge to identify relevant details facts and specifications-Ascertains medium duty truck repair and service issues by listening to vendors/service providers description of symptoms; clarifying the description of problems;
- checking vehicle maintenance records;
- examining service schedules-Negotiating with repair shops on the cost of recommended repairs
- Provides purchase orders for maintenance authorization and obtains approval as needed.
- Enters purchase order into the Fleet Portal
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and providing recommendations
- Verifies warranty coverage by examining manufacturer programs and historical data
- Maintains medium duty truck service records by documenting driver and shop correspondence as well as shop recommendations and corrective actions.
- Documents cost savings from PO approval process
- Provides technical expertise and high quality customer service to fleet personnel field management and maintenance service providers for maintenance claims issues and roadside assistance.
- Work with cross functional teams to help lower cost drive efficiencies and consistent processes in the field
- Provides technical assistance to service providers when ordering parts to insure they are ordering proper replacement parts as needed;
- procures parts for propane fuel systems cab chassis parts and refrigeration parts to insure full utilization of fleet
- Ensures core part returns and unused part returns are credited properly in accordance to policy implements by Corporate Fleet Operations;
- tracks credits for outstanding non-returned core parts failed parts and warranty work.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Years of Related Experience: 5-8 Years or more of directly related work experience
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows operating environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; thorough understanding of fleet operations; ability to effectively negotiate; ability to effectively formulate implement administer and modify policy and procedure; ability to effectively lead cross functional teams; ability to effectively manage projects within financial and time line constraints; ASE certification in one or more repair categories of vehicle repair is desired; thorough understanding of DOT regulations and inspectors certification; require a journeyman level or equivalent of technical expertise