AR & Collections Representative
- Processing checks assisting in collection of delinquent payments, arranging payment plans, preparing correspondence, reviewing and analyzing accounts and assisting with the development and implementation of special projects.
- Updates customer contact and account information.
- Performs cash application processes on selected accounts.
- Contacts customers with past due accounts to negotiate an appropriate resolution
- Clearly documents all collection calls, updates customer account information and communicates with customer regarding account.
- Follows up on declined credit card transactions and chargeback's including contacting the customer and collecting replacement funds.
- Administers period end A/R ledger balancing.
- Conducts a team approach to improving Days Sales Outstanding and Bad Debt Write-offs.
- Assists with the scope and implementation of special and/or on-going projects.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: Typically less than 3 years of related experience. Office and accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows operating environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite. Basic proficiency in the extracting of data from electronic databases. The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Basic ability to conduct numeric analysis. The ability work effectively within limited amounts of supervision.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.