We are searching for an Accountant to join our team in Marshall, MN. This position under direct or general supervision, is responsible for performing accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general ledger, fixed assets, accounts receivable/payable, treasury, tax, cost, etc.
- Assist with monthly financial close which includes completing accounting accruals, analyzing income and expense -related accounts, preparing financial statements, schedules and reports.
- Completes projects associated with driving business results.
- May assist with month-end closing issues, best practices, inter-company transactions, and typical or non-critical accounting issues.
- Prepares schedules and analysis for internal and external use as required
- Prepares and analyzes management reports including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements.
- Reviews business unit practices to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the journal entries and account classifications.
- Applies and interprets generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assists in the preparation or gathering of schedules for independent auditors as required.
- May perform additional accounting tasks as needed.
Years of Related Experience: Typically 0-3 years related experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Effective communication skills including presentation and project management techniques.
- Knowledge of multiple areas with the enterprise i.e. sales, marketing, supply chain, and procurement.
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones.
- Highly analytical.
- Problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work effectively within team setting.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.